Welcome to the team! In order to get started with DPTF please note the following:
- A physical exam by a doctor will be required to practice once school starts in August. The doctor must fill out the school physical form (under the forms tab at this website). This form meets requirements for participation in high school sports in California; no other certification of the physical exam will be accepted. If you get this done during the summer, you can give the form to any of the coaches.You can download the form from the Forms Tab on this website - please fill out ALL four pages. If you can't get into your doctor right away, you can go to the walk-in clinic on Fairview next to Bed, Bath & Beyond for same day service.
- You will need a good pair of running shoes. The folks at Santa Barbara Running are always happy to help you find a good fit.
- Check out the practice schedule on this website so you know all the wortkout details .
- Ensure that you are ready for the commitment that Dos Pueblos Track & Field requires. Athletes dedicate at least two hours each day to practice. You will be here after school each day (Monday through Friday). DP Track & Field is much more challenging and time consuming that a general PE class.
- Each and every student at DPHS is welcome to join the team, regardless of talent. All that we require is attendance and effort. If these two things aren't demonstrated by an athlete, then they will be removed from the team.
- You need to be enrolled in 6th period Track & Field for the second semester.
- Check this website regularly for team announcements.
- Get excited! You are joining the largest and one of the most fun teams on campus!